Chattable is a FREE, simple, embeddable, and CSS style-able live chat for your Neocities website. Using fast & secure methods to instantly talk amongst your site's users. Using an iFrame & a Script tag, you'll have a well-implemented, private, and encrypted chat that you can apply your own styles to. Wanna see it in action? Check out this example page or this example toggle button.
Chat Features Include:
- Near Infinite message space
- Fast & Encrypted messaging
- Delete or Modify the messages you send
- Chat Moderation, ability to set mods for your chat Coming Soon!
- Chat with a set username or anonymously, no sign up required!
ChangeLog & Notes
This is still in an alpha development phase, not all features may work, some links may be unstyled or broken. Please be patient as this is being developed by a one-man team. Any unauthorized attempt(s) to modify or reverse engineer Chattable's code will result in the termination and discontinuation of this project. For security purposes, all IP's will be logged until full release.
- Created base code for Chattable, a functional chat interface (10/29/21)
- Allowed any user to delete a message if it was sent by them or if they are the chat owner, via right click on message (10/30/21)
- Started development of a settings page to allow user's to change their display name (10/30/21)
- Created a help page to explain how Chattable works and solve FAQs (11/01/21)
- You can now promote/demote users to moderator status to help moderate your chat.. Further development will follow on moderators roles, currently they have no special abilities. (11/01/21)
- You can now delete entire chats from your settings page, this will help clear up space on my database as well as help you keep track of any chats you've created.(11/01/21)
- You can now create custom chat IDs or stick with the randomly generated one when creating a new chat. (11/01/21)
- Chats with no messages are automatically deleted. (11/01/21)
- Links that start with http:// or https:// are now automatically parsed in messages as clickable links (11/03/21)