Chattable is a FREE, simple, embeddable, and CSS style-able live chat for your Neocities website. Using fast & secure methods to instantly talk amongst your site's users. Utilizing the iFrame & Script tag, you'll have a well-implemented, private, and encrypted chat that you can apply your own styles to. Wanna see it in action? Check out the Showcase page or click this example toggle button.
Chat Features Include:
- Near Infinite message space
- Fast & Encrypted messaging
- Delete or Modify the messages you send
- Chat Moderation, ability to set mods for your chat
- Chat with a set username or anonymously, no sign up required!
To get started on building a chat for your own website, click the Get Started button in the upper right corner. Or goto chattable.neocities.org/create
ChangeLog & Notes
This is in a beta development phase, not all features may work perfectly, please contact me to report any bugs. This is being developed by a one-man team. Any attempt to execute modified versions of Chattable's base code will result in the termination and discontinuation of this project, this does not include the code snippet provided to you when creating a chat.
- Created base code for Chattable, a functional chat interface (10/29/21)
- Allowed any user to delete a message if it was sent by them or if they are the chat owner, via right click on message (10/30/21)
- Started development of a settings page to allow user's to change their display name (10/30/21)
- Created a help page to explain how Chattable works and solve FAQs (11/01/21)
- You can now promote/demote users to moderator status to help moderate your chat.. Further development will follow on moderators roles. (11/01/21)
- You can now delete entire chats from your settings page, this will help clear up space on my database as well as help you keep track of any chats you've created.(11/01/21)
- You can now create custom chat IDs or stick with the randomly generated one when creating a new chat. (11/01/21)
- Chats with no messages are automatically deleted. (11/01/21)
- Links that start with http:// or https:// are now automatically parsed in messages as clickable links (11/03/21)
- General text editing, fixed/updated some broken links (11/19/22)
- Added settings interface to chats now. No need to visit the settings page to alter your name or manage chats. (11/19/22)
- Added command functionality. Currently the only command available only the chat owner & chat moderators can use. The !clear command. More commands to come. (12/11/22)
- Added secure method for HTML formatting messages, you can now use elements like <b> or <i>, or even <br /> in your messages to spice things up. Not all elements are available for security reasons. (12/11/22)
- Subtle notification beep sfx when the chat updates. (12/11/22)
- Added chat badges for mods & chat owners, added option to mute notification beep from settings, instead of displaying time stamps on each message now you can click a message to see it's timestamp. (12/29/22)
Please be patient with me as my ADHD will often cause long pauses in this projects development, due to this there is no ETA on any of these updates.
- Add optional pre-styled templates available for your chats when creating a new chat